Jun 16, 2005

In the beginning there was the internet...

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately and decided to jump into the foray and try my hand at having one. Most of the blogs i read are awe-inspiring with fancy catch phrases and one liners. I decided that the longer i wait to come up with the right, eye-catchy phrase, the longer i will take to start blogging. So here goes...my first blog post. (I even have to get aquainted with the jargon!)

It was in the early 90's that I was introduced to the concept of the "internet". I recall a friend of mine, giving us (a class of NIIT ians- a once reputed IT Institute) an idea of "internet". She was trying to explain in words what the 'internet' is and it is amusing now, to reflect on the words she used to descibe it ... that there will be "hyperlinks" (underscored texts that take you to a different screen) of texts available on a screen, that would allow one to "look up" more on any subject. The idea was truly amazing. And I had never "browsed" a website until probably 2-3 years later when i started working for an IT company.

The concept of a blog invokes the same kind of refreshingly new possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home